Did you know you can make jewelry using shrink plastic? Better yet, did you know you can cut shrink plastic with your Cricut machine? Oh Yes you can! So today I'll show you how I made these cute little DIY Disney Jewelry Disney inspired Love Mickey Mouse earrings. I designed a rainbow colored printable I used and you can download and use it too.This is a fun Cricut project you can make over and over! The coolest thing about shrink plastic is watching it shrink! I tried to take a little video to show you… but filming through the oven door was impossible and trying to film with my camera in my hand, in the oven was a little too hot. Go figure.
Today a group of bloggers are sharing fun Disney inspired crafts. We're all attending Disney Social Media Moms Celebration together this year and wanted to share some Disney fun. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the article to learn more about all these great projects!
Make your own Disney Jewelry
Using your with Cricut and a free rainbow printable I designed, you can make these cute Mickey Mouse earrings. I created a variety of sizes to try out for this project, so some of my examples show small earring sided cut outs and larger pieces on the same work space. Play with sizes to see what you like best.
Tip: before you cut out the shrink plastic, print the rainbow art on cardstock or paper and test your cuts so you know if they are cutting the sizes and placement you'd like.
Materials you need:
- Cricut Cutting Machine (Explore, Air or Explore One)
- Cricut Design Space free online software
- Disney Mickey head cut file (image #M4008B)
– I created a custom layout of this Mickey Ears design, you should be able to start your project from here.
- Heart shape cut file
- Printable shrink plastic
- Rainbow Art page designed by Jen Goode (download below)
- Parchment paper, cookie sheet and hot pads
- Jewelry findings for earrings – I used a hook and jump ring
- Jewelry pliers
- Sealer – optional but recommended